For many homeschool families the sight of a letter on government letterhead raises many questions. Why did we receive this? What information are they asking for? How much information should I give? What kind of authority will speak on my behalf that the government will accept?

There are several government agencies that require confirmation of education status before their ministry provides their service. Whether CRA, CPP, or others, there are government benefits that may be withheld until your family’s homeschooling status is confirmed by a reputable source.

Good news for HSLDA members: HSLDA is considered a designated authority, able to write these letters of proof.

Requests for government letters are among the most frequently asked questions that come into the HSLDA office. This week’s vlog is a brief explanation of the kind of help that HSLDA members can expect if they too receive a government request for more information.

Have you received a letter from a government agency? Did you receive help from HSLDA? Tell us your experience in the comments. And if you are not a member of HSLDA yet, consider becoming one today! The benefits of membership are many: come find out what you are missing!

(Note: Today’s vlog was part 3 of 3 in a series of most frequently asked questions. Did you miss part 1 and part 2? Check out the links now!)

Update: CRA asks couple to prove their children exist — for second time

Share this post --- Partagez cette publication