August 1, 2016
HSLDA is hiring!
Position Title: Bookkeeper
Time Commitment: 3 to 5 days / week
Location: HSLDA Canada Head Office, London, Ontario
Salary: Commensurate with experience, benefits included
Timing: Position starting September 2016
Background: The Home School Legal Defence Association of Canada (HSLDA), is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to defending, supporting, and connecting homeschooling families, helping them thrive throughout their homeschooling journey.
Established in Canada over 25 years ago, HSLDA Canada has advanced the homeschooling movement both in Canada and internationally. We serve our members locally, provincially, and nationally, with a vision to help families thrive on their homeschooling journey.
We currently have an opening for a bookkeeper at our London office, 3-5 days per week.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the bookkeeper is responsible for the following:
- Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Processing Membership payments as well as donations
- Bank reconciliations
- Bi-weekly payroll
- Preparing month-end and year-end reports
- Preparing financial statements
- Bookkeeping experience
- Proficiency with QuickBooks accounting software
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
The following experience is not required, but preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google’s suite of Apps (Gmail, Google Drive, Calendar, Hangouts)
- Experience in the nonprofit sector
Include in Application
In your application package, please provide a cover letter and resume that includes:
- Any prior understanding of, and experience with, homeschooling
- Any experience with the charitable or nonprofit sector
- All work experience
- Volunteer experience
We are a growing team, dedicated to seeing families thrive through homeschooling. Even though this is serious work, we have a lot fun as a team as we understand the power of being a family that supports families. If you’re wanting to be a part of something extraordinary, protecting the hope of families as they walk out their journey of homeschooling together, we’d love to talk with you. Thank you for your interest in HSLDA Canada and we look forward to meeting you.
Please send your application package to the attention of Angela Smith at email@example.com